Tayler's Got Doug Wrapped Around Her Little Finger!

So, Tayler was home today with a yucky stomach. Before this semester of student teaching, my kids have been able to call me and cry on my shoulder so-to-speak. I console them and tell them to make sure they're drinking plenty of water and getting something to eat. Well, this semester they can't call me while I'm doing my student teaching because the town where I'm student teaching doesn't have cell service! And if she had been able to get a hold of me I wouldn't have caved like my dear, sweet husband did! :]

Here's what Doug told me had transpired this afternoon (ironically, around lunch time!). While Doug was teaching, Tayler calls his cell phone and he answers it because he knows Tayler is home sick. She tells him she feels like she's going to toss her cookies and that she is feeling really, really sick. He consoles her then goes back to his teaching. Tayler calls AGAIN! By what he's getting from Tayler, Doug is thinking he's got to leave work early (luckily he has a student teacher that can take over) and bust home to help Tayler.

I promise, it gets better! So, as Doug is busting it home on I-15 Southbound to Santaquin from OREM he calls Tayler to see if she is tossing cookies or not. She answers the phone in a feeble tone. Doug asks her if she wants him to stop and buy her some chicken noodle soup? She says, and I quote, "No, I don't like chicken noodle soup. But could you stop at Wendy's and get me a #8 meal, no tomatoes, with fries, and a frosty?" A #8 meal?!! I swear we don't eat at Wendy's very often! She knows the combo meal number?!?!! Hilarious!

DOUG GOES AND BUYS HER THE MEAL! Oh, man. She has him wrapped! And miraciously, Tayler feels better! :]

5 comments:

Emily said...

That's freakin' cracking me up. What a good sport Doug is. Ross would have told them to walk themselves to the E.R. Call if you need the insurance info. Ha Ha!

val m said...

That is too funny!!! I also think it is very tender! She will always remember he was willing to do that for her and it should make her feel very loved!! You guys are such cute parents!

Suzanne C said...

I was talking to the clerk at the grocery store about little girls and their dads...it's bad already and she doesn't talk yet! Something to look forward to!

Jodi Gallagher said...

How cute is that? I love daddy daughter relationships. She'll look back on that day and know how much her daddy loves her!

Bonnie said...

That is way funny! I have never heard of tossing cookies before. Is that the nice way of saying barfing?

Good luck with all of your end of school stuff!